Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dear Erin and Michael,


Dear Erin and Michael,

I have to tell you what a profound effect your wedding had on me. The day that is expected to be all about the married couple, was also all about the Lord. I thought it to be a great gift you gave to all of us - that we all left your wedding feeling uplifted and edified.

At your marriage ceremony, I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit and I knew God was in attendance. Then at your reception, to hear the stories of Michael and his pilgrimage through Europe was absolutely amazing to me. It inspired me to re-commit myself to doing that daily, to look for how the hand of God touches our lives each day.

Another great moment was Erin's toast. When she talked about how Michael tries to be the "face of Christ" to everyone he meets. At that point, Chris turned to me and said,"Wow, this guy really makes me look bad!" :) It made me think of when you both came to my home after I had Sarah. That night, I was so affected by how kind Michael was to my son. He played with him and entertained him and was so loving. I can see how Michael lives his life as a "window to God's love." (Let me know if you never heard that song - GOOD one).

I have lived much of my life in awe of Erin. She is kind of like my hero. She always had such a confidence about her convictions and her faith. She was not afraid to stand up for what was right. She was a good friend and I love her. I am happy that she has found someone so perfect for her!

I just wanted to thank you for letting me witness such a special day. I can't thank you enough for the wonderful feelings I had and for the opportunity I gained to rededicate myself to good things. With all the kind feelings of my heart, I wish you two a long, joyous life together.

Love,
Jill

P.S. The purple candy table looked like Martha Stewart designed it herself! It was soooo COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment