Sunday, March 29, 2009

double the blessings

Today was a great day! We were church hopping... First, to my cousin Julie's ward to watch her baby being blessed (Evynn Claire - born 1/18/09). Then to my cousin Scott's ward to watch his baby being blessed (Grace Marie-born 2/28/09). It is always so much fun to be around family and I have to say... I LOVED being around all those babies. There is just something so special about a baby so new from Heaven. I was so happy to see cousin Allison down visiting with her 2 week old baby, Brian Anthony (born 3/10/09). He was so precious.Here are all the cute little cousins together. And I threw in a blurry picture of Sarah from today too....Sometimes I cringe when I think of what a crazy teenager I was and wonder what people must have thought... (Don't answer that!) The great thing about family is that they love you anyway and they can look past (hopefully) your growing up years. The quote always comes to mind, "No matter what your past, you have a spotless future." It is a comfort to me to know that everyday I can begin again and try harder to be a better me. What a blessing!

After the wonderful church meetings today, I went over to my parents house where we all received individual letters from our dear friend, Mike McFarren who is currently at the MTC preparing for his Portugal Mission. We went around the room, and everyone took turns reading their letter aloud. As people read their letters, you could really picture Mike saying it. His letters were so sincere and touched everyone. There was laughter and some tears. Today was a really nice day and filled my heart up with love.

1 comment:

  1. So great to hear from you!! I got a LONG way till pigtail!! lol

    ReplyDelete