Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

It is our 9th anniversary today.  As I was getting into the car this evening, the boys are making a fuss that I not look in the back of the car.  I say, "Whhhhy?  What's back there?"  And James answers, "Some board games for you.  I wanted to get you makeup cause you like makeup and its girly stuff, but dad got games so we could all play together."  And Chris the whole time is saying, "James, your ruining the surprise!"

I was reminded in my giggling of when I was a kid.  One Father's Day, I was so excited about this tie we got my dad.  When you tied the knot in the tie, it looked like a big trout (fish) and for a kid that was really cool.  As I handed the present over to my dad, I blurted out excitedly, "Dad, you're really going  to LOVE this tie." Everyone laughed and I must have turned as red as a tomato as I tried to suck the words back, realizing I had ruined the surprise.  I still get teased about that....

Chris and I celebrated by watching the Giants win the 1st game of the World Series.  No, not in person.  Just on tv, nice and boring.  :)  We are actually celebrating on Friday with a temple trip together.

No comments:

Post a Comment