Friday, November 5, 2010

SF Giants Parade

On Wednesday, Chris and I went to the SF Giants parade celebrating their first World Series win since 1954.  It was CRAZY.  People were everywhere, packed in like sardines.  You could go nowhere to escape the crowd.  Chris made us leave at 2:30 a.m. to be at the BART as soon as it opened at 4:00 a.m.  It was funny to see the faces of the regular commuters looking around as the BART was filling up with Giants fans.  They are used to having an empty BART train at 4:00 a.m.  We got to the Civic Center and parked ourselves waiting for the action.  We all came home smelling like marijuana.  You would have thought Prop 19 had passed the way so many people smoked it out there. We saw some chick fights... and the whole crowd was yelling, "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry".  And it did pretty much look like a Jerry Springer show.  The day was hot, and by the time the speeches were going, the crowd was getting funky, lots of B.O. nastiness.  I can't even explain the smell of the man's armpits standing in front of me - scarred me for life!

While we were sitting trying to nap in the morning time, I opened my eyes and standing in front of me was Chris' co-worker, Julia.  We were so happy to see her.
 

Look how close together people are standing.  Imagine standing like that for 3-4 hours.
Finally when the show started, it was cool.  Inspirational all the speeches.  Neat to be there, but I think watching on TV sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment